The little brother to the original hyper hatch, the Mercedes AMG A35 blends dynamic performance with luxury, standing out in the hot hatch market with incredible interior tech and great performance. The A35 AMG equipped with a 306 BHP 2.0 turbocharged engine coupled with its 4MATIC all-wheel drive and sharp 7-speed dual-clutch transmission.
The A35 comes from the factory nimble handling and quick acceleration, perfect for both daily commutes and more spirited drives but if you’re looking to make yours better, whether aesthetically or with its performance check out our favourite mods for the A35 below.
Mercedes A35 JB4 Tuning Box
By adjusting the software that controls engine performance, an ECU tuning box can significantly increase horsepower and torque, often improving fuel efficiency as well.
A tuning box will improve performance with no visible change but you’ll notice it under your right foot, and the best thing is you can remove it when you come to sell the vehicle.
Air Intake System
Upgrading the air intake can improve engine efficiency and power by allowing more air, and therefore more oxygen, into the combustion chamber. One of the best benefits of adding aftermarket intake to your A35 is the improved induction sound that comes with it.
- Eventuri Mercedes A35 AMG Carbon Fibre Air Intake £1,299.60
- MST Performance Mercedes Benz A35/A250/CLA250 Air Intake Kit - MST-MB-A2505 £483.55
Exhaust System Upgrades
A high-performance exhaust system not only improves exhaust flow, which can increase power, but also gives the car a more aggressive, deeper exhaust note.
Many of our aftermarket exhausts come with different style exhaust tips to give you an even more individual finish, these could include wider tips or even cerakote tips to give you a real darker style.
Please note, the A35 comes in both hatchback and saloon shape, so please ensure you purchase an exhaust that fits your specific bodystyle.
- Milltek Mercedes A-Class A35 AMG 2.0 Turbo (W177 Hatch Only) (19-21) GPF Bypass Pipe - SSXMZ126 £272.29
- Cobra Sport Mercedes-AMG A 35 Saloon PPF Delete Exhaust £316.82
- Cobra Sport Mercedes-AMG A 35 Saloon Venom Cat Back Exhaust £868.63 – £1,210.81
- Milltek Mercedes A-Class A35 AMG 2.0 Turbo (Saloon Only - GPF Models) (19+) Cat-back GPF/OPF Back System - Non-Valved - Race (Loudest) - SSXMZ148 £656.59
- Milltek Mercedes A-Class A35 AMG 2.0 Turbo (W177 Hatch Only) (19-21) Tips - Cerakote Black Trims - SSXMZ134 £500.49
Lowering the car with sports springs or coilovers improves handling by lowering the center of gravity and reducing body roll making your A35 feel much more planted. Aesthetically, it gives the vehicle a more aggressive stance by reducing the gap between the tires and wheel arches.
- Eibach Mercedes-Benz A-Class/A-Class (W177) Pro-Kit Lowering Springs (15mm) - E10-25-043-06-22 £273.45
Body kits and modifications
The A35 came in both sleeper guise and also with the aero kit, if you picked up one without the kit and now you’re looking to make it stand out then adding after market aesthetic mods can do just that.
- Maxton Design Front Splitter V.2 Mercedes A35 AMG AERO W177 £159.00 – £209.00
- Maxton Design Rear Side Splitters for Mercedes A35 AMG Hatchback (W177) £79.00 – £104.00
- Maxton Design Side Skirts Diffusers V.1 Mercedes A35 AMG / AMG-Line W177 £159.00 – £209.00
- Maxton Design Spoiler Cap Mercedes A35 AMG Hatchback W177 £119.00 – £144.00