The Hyundai i30N, renowned for its blend of thrilling performance and practical usability, stands out in the hot hatch market. This initial performance model from Hyundai is equipped with a powerful 2.0-litre turbocharged engine, delivering from 250 up to 275 horsepower in its Performance Package. It features a front-wheel-drive system and a precise 6-speed manual transmission, offering a dynamic driving experience when stock.
With that being said, how many of us actually keep our cars stock, whether you’re looking to enhance the performance of your i30N or its aesthetic here are some of our favourite mods for the platform.
Remember, the i30N comes in both hatchback and fastback so always doublecheck fitment details before you make a purchase.
Upgraded Exhaust System
The i30N is one of the best hot hatches when it comes to sound when it leaves the factory, with that being said, aftermarket exhaust modifications, whether that be just a res delete, or a full system will not only enhance power but also improve that sound even further.
- Scorpion Hyundai i30 N/N Performance (GPF Only) (2018-2019) Non-Resonated GPF Delete Pipe - SHYSP102
- Scorpion Hyundai i30 N/N Performance (2018-2019) Resonated GPF Delete - SHYP102
- Milltek Hyundai i30 N Performance 2.0 T-GDi (275PS - GPF only) 2019+ (19-21) Cat-back Road+ - Polished GT-80 Trims - SSXHY113
- Milltek Hyundai i30 N 2.0 T-GDi (250PS - GPF only) (19-21) Cat-back with GPF Delete - Carbon Jet-115 Trims - SSXHY152
- Scorpion Hyundai i30N Performance Non-Resonated GPF-Back With Electronic Valve Exhaust System £1,258.96 – £1,361.72
- Milltek Hyundai i30 N Performance 2.0 T-GDi (275PS - Non-GPF only) (17-18) Cat-back Non-resonated - Carbon Jet-115 Trims - SSXHY106
Air Intake Upgrades
Upgrading the air intake helps the engine breathe better, increasing efficiency and power. This is a subtle yet effective way to enhance the i30N’s performance, with the added benefit of a more aggressive intake sound.
If you’re looking to enhance the performance of your engine with a remap then an air intake will really help you get the most out of your car with software.
- Ramair Hyundai i30N Replacement Filter - RPF-1195 £55.00
- Forge Motorsport Hyundai i30N and Veloster N Induction Kit - FMINDK28 £297.67
A more efficient intercooler is crucial for maintaining optimal engine performance. For the turbocharged i30N helping it to keep cool under long periods of stress. This means sustained power delivery during demanding driving conditions, such as track days or spirited road driving.
If you’re looking to take your car stage 2+, then an intercooler is absolutely critical but even if you’re not tuning your car it’ll help you sustain your cool temps on stock software.
- Forge Motorsport Hyundai i30N Mk3.5 Facelift Uprated Intercooler - FMINT27 £661.26
- Forge Motorsport Hyundai Veloster N (2019+) Intercooler - FMINT22 £556.20
- Wagner Tuning Hyundai i30N Performance Intercooler Kit - 200001129 £780.00
Improving the brakes are one of the most important aspects of fast driving, if you can brake later and more effectively you can carry more speed into the corners. Even on road use, enhancing your braking performance will improve your driving experience and make it safer for you and other road users.
- FCP5099H - Ferodo Racing DS2500 Front Brake Pad - Hyundai i30 N 2.0
- FCP5100H - Ferodo Racing DS2500 Rear Brake Pad - Hyundai i30 N 2.0
Improving the handling and suspension of your i30N will not only enhance the driving dynamics but it will also make the drive feel more visceral and planted. Plus depending on the modifications it’ll impact the stance of the car too in order to make it look more aggressing.
- Eibach Hyundai i30 N Pro-Kit Lowering Springs (15mm) - E10-42-040-06-22
- Eibach Hyundai I30N Anti Roll Bar Kit (Rear) - E40-42-040-06-01
i30N Body Kits
Give your i30N a unique, sportier appearance, distinguishing it from standard models with aftermarket body kit parts such as an aggressive splitter or a spoiler to really finish off the look of the car from the rear.
Remember to double check fitment because it will vary depending on whether you have the hatchback or the sportback.
- Maxton Design Front Splitter V3 Hyundai I30 N MK3 Hatchback/Fastback (2017+) - HY-I30-3-N-FD3 £159.00 – £209.00
- Maxton Design Spoiler Extension V2 Hyundai I30 N MK3/MK3 FL Hatchback (2017-) - HY-I30-3-N-CAP2 £119.00 – £144.00
- Maxton Design Rear Diffuser Hyundai I30 MK3 N (2017-2020) - HY-I30-3-N-CNC-RS1A £159.00
- Maxton Design Side Skirts Diffusers V5 Hyundai I30 N MK3 Hatchback/Fastback (2017+) - HY-I30-3-N-SD4 £159.00 – £209.00
- Maxton Design Rear Side Splitters V.3 Hyundai I30 N MK3 Hatchback (2017-2020) - HY-I30-3-N-RSD3 £79.00 – £104.00
- Maxton Design Spoiler Extension Hyundai I30 MK3 N (2017-2020) - HY-I30-3-N-CAP1 £119.00 – £144.00
- Maxton Design Racing Rear Diffuser V2 Hyundai I30 N Mk3 Hatchback (2017-) - HYI303NCNC-RS3A £190.80
Other mods to consider
- GFB Hyundai i30N Mach 2 TMS T9110 Recirculating Diverter Valve - T9110 £155.93
- Forge Motorsport Hyundai i30N/Veloster N Dual Catch Can and Expansion Tank - FMCT5-OUTLET £457.32
- AIRTEC Motorsport Hyundai i30N Oil Cooler Kit - ATMSHYU1 £367.48
- AIRTEC by Turbosmart Dual Port Blow Off Valve - Hyundai i30N - TS-0203-1036 £201.47