Racingline R600 Intake – MQB EA888 Gen.3 & Gen.4 Cold Air Induction Kit
One of the most popular and best performing cold air intake systems on the market, Racingline’s prize R600 enclosed intake system contains a high-capacity complete replacement airbox, with twin front air intakes, housing a giant Trifoam® double-volume filter rated up to 600hp.
Looking for the most sophisticated cold-air intake available for your MQB-platform 2.0 or 1.8 TSI EA888.3 car? The R600 intake is Racingline’s best selling system for this platform. Little wonder, as it combines OEM-standard design and quality with significant power gains on uprated cars.
- OEM-standards of design, quality, materials and construction, hand-made in the UK. Fits like a factory part; lasts like a factory part.
- Twin CFD-optimised front intakes extending across the front of the car help achieve lower intake temperatures and worthwhile power gains.
- Enormous airbox volume houses the filter, complete with thoughtful details like connection to the original factory drain tube, and an SAI connection for US cars.
- Your choice of filter unit, to suit different needs. Both are double the size of standard – rated right up to 600hp and beyond.
TRIFOAM® or Pleated Cotton Filter?
Foam – Faster, for longer – The highest airflow of all filter types, for the best possible power for more of the time. As a high performance part, regular maintenance is essential to keep it at its very best.
Cotton – Fit and forget – A robust ‘fit and forget’ filter that will last for years. It gives great initial power output but doesn’t have the dust-loading capacity of Trifoam.
Perfect for Stage 1, 2 and 3 Tuning
The PU material used for its construction is the same as the original factory air box and engine-cover, textured to match into the exact same finish. But it’s not just the appearance that’s built to OEM standard. The mounting points use the factory system, ensuring simple and reliable fitment, with nice details such as the factory drain-hole being retained.
- Huge filter area = 43,200mm
- Huge power gains over 4000rpm
- Racingline Performance R600 filter area = 96,477 mm
- Hand built in the UK
EA888 Gen.3 Vehicles
- VW Golf 7 & 7.5 GTI & Clubsport 2013+ 5G
- VW Golf 7 & 7.5R 2013+ 5G
- VW Golf 7 & 7.5 1.8 TSI 2013+ 5G
- VW Passat 2.0 TSI B8 2015+ 3G
- VW Arteon 2.0 TSI 2017+
- VW T-Roc R 2.0 TSI 2019+
- Audi A3 2.0 TSI / 1.8 TSI 2013+ 8V
- Audi S3 2013+ 8V
- Audi TT 2.0 TSI III 2014+ 8S
- Audi SQ2 2018+
- Audi Q3 45TFSI 2.0 TSI 2018+
- SEAT Leon Cupra Mk3 2014+ 5F
- SEAT Leon 1.8 TSI 2014+ 5F
- SEAT Ateca Cupra 2.0 TSI 2018+
- Skoda Octavia vRS Mk3 2.0 TSI 2014+ 5E
- Skoda Superb Mk3 1.8 / 2.0 TSI 2015+ B8 3V
EA888 Gen.4 EVO Vehicles (Fits Continental & Garrett Turbos)
- VW Golf 8 GTI 2020+
- VW Tiguan II 2.0 TSI 245ps 2021+
- Audi A3 2.0 TSI 8Y 2020+
- Cupra Leon IV 245 TSI FW 2020+
- Cupra Formentor 245PS 2020+
- Skoda Octavia IV vRS 2.0 TSI 245ps NX 2020+
- VW Golf 8 GTI Clubsport 2020+
- VW Golf 8 R 2020+
- VW Tiguan II R 2.0 TSI 320ps 2021+
- VW Arteon R 2.0 TSI 320ps 2020+
- Audi S3 8Y 2020+
- Cupra Leon IV 300 TSI FW2020+
- Cupra Formentor 310PS 2020+
Installing a Racingline R600
As long as you're comfortable around basic tools, replacing your standard airbox with the Racingline R600 is a fairly simple upgrade for you to tackle rather than taking it to a garage. Replacing the existing intake with an aftermarket intake is an activity that can be done within a few hours.
Here’s an installation video:
Personalise your Racingline R600
Not only can you improve your performance with a high flow intake, but you can also personalise it too. The Racingline R600 comes in a number of different styles and colours as well as deciding between the foam or cotton air filter.
R600 Lid colour options
Whether you go for the standard plastic or the more special matte/gloss carbon options when you open the engine bay it’ll really be a conversation starter.
R600 hose colour
As well as the options for the lid, you can also change the colour of your hose available currently in black, grey, blue and red.
R600 Intake Sound
Not only does the R600 give you an improvement in performance and is a beautiful intake, it also helps to improve the engine bay acoustics by giving you a much better intake sound after improving intake performance.
R600 Power Gains
Because the Racingline R600 is much less restrictive than the standard airbox it helps your car produce more power without any further mods. This is because a greater volume of cold air can entire the engine bay and when more air when combined with petrol improves combustion – delivering greater power outputs.
Whilst not guaranteed we've seen cars with an R600 installed and no further mods achieve an additional couple of brake horse power however it's when a tune is installed that greater gains can be realised with some stage 1 cars equipped with just an R600 are getting an extra circa 15bhp compared to those with all stock hardware.
The Racingline R600 colr air intake really does take the EA888 engine to the next level.
Authorised Racingline Dealer
Progressive Parts are an authorised Racingline R600 Intake dealer, supplying Racingline products across the country and globe.