Looking for what are the top intakes right now for the Golf ‘R’? Progressive Parts stock a vast array of air intake kits, designed and developed across the world and including compatibility for the powerful MQB platform which boats some great vehicles including the Mk7 Golf R, GTI, Audi S3/TTS, Skoda Octavia Mk3 VRS, Seat Cupra 280/290/300.
So which one tops our charts?
For us, the Racingline R600 tops its class in form AND function. As a stand-alone cold air intake the R600 boasts a sleak design, making full use of the front grill scoop (partially blocked/divided from stock) and a free-flowing high performance filter component cleverly designed to spec by ITG.
Easy to clean and maintain the R600 also handles heat in the engine bay well, keeping it’s cold air supply as separate as possible from the hot air circulating the engine and turbo. Coupled with Racingline’s Intake Hose and Turbo Elbow, a perfect performance harmony is created.
The Best Open Cone Intakes
- Racingline R600 Intake System for MQB Platform Golf Mk7/S3/TTS/Cupra 280/290/300 - VWR12G7R600 £382.80 – £418.80 inc. VAT
- Revo Carbon Series MQB Air Intake System - VW Golf Mk7, Audi S3/TT/TTS, Cupra, Octavia £825.56 inc. VAT
- Forge Motorsport Gloss Carbon Fibre Intake Kit for Volkswagen, Audi, Seat, Skoda 2.0 TSI EA888 GEN 3 - FMINDMK7 £460.78 – £531.62 inc. VAT
- 034Motorsport X34 Carbon Fiber Fresh Air Duct, MkVII Volkswagen GTI & Golf R, 8V Audi A3/S3, & MkIII Audi TT/TTS £429.58 inc. VAT
- 034Motorsport P34 Performance Cold Air Intake, 8V Audi A3/S3/TT/TTS & MkVII Volkswagen Golf/GTI/R, 1.8T/2.0T Gen 3 (MQB) £435.55 inc. VAT
The Best Enclosed Intake Systems
- Revo 1.8/2.0 TSI MQB Open Cone Air Intake System £431.40 inc. VAT
- Racingline Cup Edition Open Air Intake VW Mk7 Golf R/GTI, S3/TTS - VWR12G7CUP £298.80 inc. VAT