Verkline Audi B5 A4 Lightweight Tubular Front Subframe – WAS-530
After long CAD development based on 3D scan of OEM subframe, tested with CAD FEA (Finite element method) and road going tests you can now buy brand new, rust free, subframe for front of your Audi B5 A4 with 5 gear gearbox.
Using same T45 tubing as in WRC cars, our subframes provide increased stiffness and mass reduction. Additional the design enables better access to the car under body. All factory parts bolt up to this unit, no modifications are necessary.
- 8,5 kg, it is 7.5 kg (16lbs) saving over OEM subframe
- T45 (BS4T45 to BS4T100) tubing imported from UK and S355 metal sheets
- all components TIG welded
- delivered painted (powder coated) black or on special order (+50 euro) any RAL color
- solid mounts to the car body for increased stiffness and additional mass reduction
- can be used with OEM wishbones
- mounts to the OEM car body and no other modifications are needed to fit the subframe
- Front subframe painted black
- Audi A4 B5 with 5 gear gearbox
T45 is a very unique seamless carbon based steel tube that has been used in many applications in different industries. It is stronger than Co-Mo 4130 tubing that also used in motorsport. It is widely used in the aerospace sector in equipment such as pilot’s seats and crew’s seats due to the materials ability to withstand high G forces without snapping or splitting. This material is a Carbon Manganese based and conforms to the full Aerospace Specification laid down by British Standards.
- Tensile: 700 – 900MPa,
- 0.2% Yield 620MPa minimum
- Hardness Test: 201min – 262 max HB or 210min – 275max HV