Forge Motorsport Hyundai i30N/Veloster N Dual Catch Can and Expansion Tank – FMCT5
Here we present FMCT5, a twin catch can and coolant expansion tank system. This design has been subject to a vast amount of development and is a one of a kind product in the marketplace.
The FMCT5 is a direct replacement for the OE coolant expansion tank. The CAD laser cut alloy construction is skilfully welded at Forge UK HQ. The expansion tank has a level indicator inside the filler neck, to make topping up easier, we have also machined a cap cover that slots over the top of the OEM cap to add to the premium look.
The twin catch can system is the definitive solution to effectively reduce sludge and carbon build up, in turn allowing the engine to both breathe and perform more efficiently. It can therefore be viewed as a genuine performance enhancing product and one, we recommend, particularly if you are planning more advanced power tuning in the future.
Our system filters both PCV and intake breather systems to help keep your engine clean from harmful contaminants, including oil deposits, unused fuel vapours and moisture, which would ordinarily make their way back through to the inlet of the engine. All of this is now collected in the catch cans.
There is a dip stick for each tank to measure the amount of deposit caught, this opening can also be used to pump out the captured contaminants or alternately you can use the drain plugs at the bottom of the tanks.
As with all Forge Motorsport products we have used superior braided hoses which are internally constructed from anti-static smooth fuel resistant nitrile rubber. This is combined with an outer cover made from reinforced stainless-steel wire braid (a Forge specialty), specifically a partial inner braid and a full cover outer braid. We developed this complex arrangement in order for the tank to be resistant to both pressure expansion and vacuum collapse, and also to enable the kit to function within a clearly defined temperature range – 54°C to +150°C (-65°F to 300°F).
The FMCT5 is available in raw aluminium finish or our stealthy textured black powder coat finish.
- A drain plug for ease of emptying
- Coolant level indicator
- Integrated dipstick’s for simple level inspection
- CNC machined anodised coolant cap cover
- Premium Quality stainless steel reinforced oil resistant hoses with black external braiding
- Inner tube is constructed from anti-static smooth fuel resistant nitrile rubber
- Outer cover is constructed from reinforced Stainless-Steel wire braid consisting of partial inner braid & full cover outer braiding which is resistant to pressure expansion and vacuum collapse
- Temperature Range: -54°C to +150°C (-65°F to 300°F)
- The engine cover can still be fitted after installation
- Installation is straight forward with all necessary fittings and Forge detailed instructions included.