Funk Motorsport IS38/IS20 Turbo Blanket (Mk3)
All IS38/20 powered 2.0 TSI engine variants, including Volkswagen Golf R/GTI, Audi S3 8V/TTS, SEAT Leon Mk3 Cupra 280/290/300, Octavia VRS, Ateca 4Drive, Arteon 4Drive.
Turbo Blankets are designed for your high performance car with a number of positive attributes in mind. So, what are the benefits of turbo blanket? With the turbine housing of a turbo reaching maximum temperatures of around 700°C, this can cause issues for all turbocharged vehicles, OEM or Modified, Race Car or Road Car. In development for the past 12 months, Funk Motorsport have produced a turbo blanket that is more durable and outperforms any other on the market. We have looked closely at each component of our turbo wrap and have provided upgrades in every area. Whilst the new Funk Motorsport Mk3 turbo blanket offers the same benefits as our previous turbo jackets, the next iteration offers all new technology, unseen in the automotive aftermarket.
How a Funk Motorsport turbo blanket can help
- Reduce Air Intake Temperatures, resulting in higher performance and more consistent performance figures.
- Improve spool up times of your turbo.
- Lower Engine bay temperatures.
- Improve reliability of surrounding components in the engine bay
What’s been Improved in the Mk3?
Specifically developed thread construction to allow for exceptional durability when removal is absolutely necessary. Our new fireproof ultra-high temperature Stainless Steel thread is around 1mm in diameter and can now remain highly durable with temperatures in excess of 1300°C.
- New, thicker internal heat lagging insulation to provide up to 3x improved heat reduction. This insulation wool is created from a ceramic silica complex matting to improve durability over prolonged heat cycles, as well as insulation quantities.
- 4-layer construction for improved reliability
- Uprated external Carbon Fibre twill and Titanium twill for an improved aesthetic and more durable finish.
- ROHS tested and approved to ensure compliance and desired parameters are reached within our material selection.
- New style Funk Motorsport emblem for safer handling qualities.
- IS38 Turbo Blanket – Commonly used on VAG applications such as the VW Golf R, Audi TTs, Audi RS3, the Audi S3, VW Arteon, Seat Leon Cupra and all VAG 2.0 TSI engines
Since a Turbo utilises the hot gas flow of the exhaust and the cool air flow of the intake, the close positioning of these two halves of the turbo leads to a high amount of heat soak. This blend of hot and cold parts of the turbo creates issues for both performance and reliability. Our Turbo insulation Jackets increase in the following sizing order; T2 Turbo Blanket, T25 Turbo Blanket, T3 Turbo Blanket, T3/4 Turbo Blanket, T4 Turbo Blanket, T6 Turbo Blanket., IS38 Turbo Blanket
Unsure which turbo blanket is right for you? Contact us, we will be able to point you towards the most suited blanket for your application.